There are a few long weekends here in Australia at the moment, and on those extra days off, we can't think of anything better than doing some baking. Instagram was overflowing with banana bread baking in 2020, it we're still addicted, making a fresh batch weekly. It's such a delicious and easy treat to bake. Perfect for breakfast, or an afternoon snack.
This version is refined sugar free, gluten free, and still tastes incredible! We can vote that despite the no sugar and gluten the banana bread is sweet, moist and delicious.
We found the recipe from the amazing website 'Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking' (biggerbolderbaking.com) and we've included the recipe below!
3 Ripe bananas (2 mashed, 1 sliced in half length wise)
¾ Cup almond flour
¼ Cup coconut flour
¾ Teaspoon baking soda
½ Teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ Cup sugar free maple syrup, maple syrup or honey
½ Cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, line the loaf tin
- Stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon
- Combine the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a separate bowl
- Mix the wet with the dry ingredients until a batter is formed. Lastly mix in some walnuts and keep some for decorations
- Transfer it into the baking tin. Top it with the two halves of the sliced banana and sprinkle some walnuts on the top
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes. Check if its ready by inserting a toothpick to the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean, its ready!
- Cool slightly before removing the bread from the tin
- The bread can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days* (*We think it will be eaten up way before)
We love toasting it and serving it with butter.
The Cleo Harper Team x